Skincare, down there: What’s the deal with female genital dermatology?

By Hannah Cole

Skincare for down there.

I recently stumbled across the term ‘female genital dermatology’ while trawling the internet for women’s health-related queries. My interest was piqued. What does this type of dermatologist deal with, and more broadly, what do we need to be doing to care for the skin down there?

With dermatology relating to the skin, it follows that the female genital specialty addresses the skin on the vulva specifically. However there is some serious overlay with gynecology at times, and the lines can be blurred as internal issues can lead to external issues, and vice versa.

Read the Full Article  Here